WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: looking for advanced web hacking course

From: Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>
Date: 11 Nov 2003 21:22:22 -0800

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 19:44, Glyn Geoghegan wrote:
Hi Tim,

I think that's a little harsh, but you do have a good point ;)

I believe you're probably right if the claim is that anyone can walk in
to a classroom for 2 days with no knowledge and walk out as an
application assessment expert.

Well, I'm not saying that coursed or training can't help provide some
people with insight and be helpful.  There's just so much to it, and
ultimately to really get a lot of information that can be used, people
would have to know how to program well to really recognize the potential
issues.  To be fair, it all depends on what is offered in the course, I
suppose.
--
Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>