WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Paros 3.0 requirements

From: Breno Jacinto <breno () freeunix com br>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:26:02 -0300

* Jeff Sani (jeffs () motivus com) wrote:
Sorry for the newbie post, but what is required on the client side to
run this app on XP?  I have installed the JRE and the win version of
Paros, but it is asking me to select an app to use for .jar files?  Is
there another app I need to install?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

  All you need is the JRE. Maybe your system havent created an
  association between .jar files and the jre.

  Anyways, you can open an DOS prompt and run:

  # java -jar <jarfile>

  Thats it.

  cheers,

// Breno Jacinto
// breno () freeunix com br
// Key fingerprint = A5C3 3B22 140D C973 6AC6  2D62 2318 B8FA 15F9 D3FC
// Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the
// ark; professionals built the Titanic. -- Anonymous