WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Perl variable sanitization functions

From: Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>
Date: 29 Aug 2003 14:07:43 -0700

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 12:27, Tim Greer wrote:
On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 10:22, Gavin Zuchlinski wrote:
I translated the variable sanitization functions I wrote in PHP over to Perl,
you can check them out at http://libox.net/sanitize.php. The Perl functions
are the same in functionality as their PHP counterpart functions. Send me an
email if Im missing something or the module doesnt work (I just translated it
quickly now).

I also forgot to mention that I noted a few other problems, both with
the module (which aren't valid--i.e., adding the unneeded #! shebang
line and not returning 1;), as well as trying to return 'FALSE' for a
return value and several other issues that I don't have time to get
into.

I also recommend you enable warnings, strict and use Carp as well for
better reporting of problems/issues with the code.  Again, if I have
time today, I'll either just write a module or point out some
better/correct ways to use the current one by fixing some functions and
such.  There's not much there, so I'll probably just create one--after
checking CPAN to make sure I am not reinventing a (potentially inferior)
wheel.  Cheers.
--
Tim Greer <chatmaster () charter net>