WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: PHP variable sanitization functions

From: Gavin Zuchlinski <gzuchlinski () pgsit org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:40:46 -0400

The script has been updated again, I tried to update it with the suggestions
everyone had mentioned.
Just a note on my thinking behind creating these functions though (because a
few of you noted there are similar functions already in PHP). (1) I wanted to
make functions that could be easily ported to other languages, mainly Perl
which is why I used regex (2) I wanted to unify sanitization a bit more (with
naming and usage), since PHP's functions are stuck all around in every little
corner. On the note of (1) I will be translating all the functions over to
Perl some time in the next few days, I will send a post out to the list when
this is done.
Thanks to the interest of everyone a few of the people from this list (Jamie
Pratt, hokkaido () serverart org, and myself) are going to be moving the project
over to sourceforge and continue development of it there.

Gavin Zuchlinski
http://libox.net/