WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: getting an ASP file

From: "James A. Casavant" <jcasavant2002 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

It was IIS 4.0, it was an early service pack because I
remember that they fixed it(although I don't remember
which one).  This also only worked if you allowed read
permissions on the directory that the .asp was in.
--- Alejandro Flores <alejandro.flores () ipad com br>
wrote:
         Hello,

         I don't remeber what version of IIS and
service pack that had a
security flaw related to this.
         What I remember is that if you put ::$DATA
before the file.asp the
server will let you download the source.
         I mean:
http://some.server.com/main.asp::$DATA
         Will appear a box to save this file, like a
download, but with the
source code of the asp page.

Regards,
Alejandro

********
I've one web where I can insert html code(ASP code
don't works) at forum
module developed in ASP.
Are there any way to recover an asp source file or
global.asa by this
mode of codding;
********

HTML code is executed client side.  Even if you can
insert HTML code in
the Web server response, eventually your browser
will be the one which
executes it, so it will be like a simple (direct)
browser request,
therefore I think HTML code insertion is not useful
for this purpose.

I Think you'll have yo try harder on ASP code
execution or another
server-side related technique.

cheers :)