WebApp Sec mailing list archives

How to make Java Applets access java.security package classes

From: "Venkatesan Krishnamoorthy" <venkatesan_k () infosys com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:23:52 +0530

Guys:
        I am writing an application where in I need to access the java.security package classes such as KeyStore,
Signature etc inorder to perform digital signing of html form data. I am doing this using javascript and java applet
communication though LiveConnect.
      When I run the applet using appletviewer it runs just fine. But when I invoke it using the IE browser I get a
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/security/KeyStore". Could any of you tell me what I should do to make  IE load
the java.security package classes?
      FYI, I have also tried Java plug-in installation, but still I get the same exception.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat