WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Web app based on .net - best practice?

From: "Shaji Sethu" <ssethu () micros com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:01:17 +1000

Hi,
Recently Microsoft participated in eweeks OpenHack comp. You can read up on
how they setup the network and various details that were adopted. Some of
them seam to be a bit draconian and would be a bit hard to implement in a
working production environment. Still it is a good pointer on how to do it.
Have a look.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/ht
ml/openhack.asp

With .Net have a look at remoting as well. Web Services are a good interface
to the outside world but inter app coms can be slow, binary remoting with
Object Serialization is much faster.

Regards.

Shaji Sethu
System Developer