WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SQL Injection Basics

From: "dreamwvr () dreamwvr com" <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:17:17 -0700

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:50:16PM -0600, Alex Russell wrote:

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 01:48 pm, Sverre H. Huseby wrote:
Well, it's nothing new. I recently gave a talk on the Filters project and
began the talk by saying that "there is nothing academically interesting
about the OWASP filters project". We are simply attempting to provide a
single point of contact/reference for what people _should_ be doing anyway
(but quite obviously aren't). Defense in depth is nothing new, but it's
kind of entertaining watching people rediscover it over and over again.
(true);
I'm pretty sure the concepts of defense in depth will be traceable as far
back as someone has had something someone else wanted, and someone was able
to write it down. = )
Well said. I recall a discussion sometime pre black monday. Back in the day
sort of speak:) 3 people come to my mind as coining it for security.
Anyways it has been around since MULTICS days at least.

Best Regards,
dreamwvr () dreamwvr com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#