Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Debugger

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:40:13 -0500

On 26 Dec 2006 21:18:18 -0000, T () you com <T () you com> wrote:
Hi ,

I have used NuMega SoftIce debugger , but they have stopped to develop it.

Does anyone know a debugger similar to SoftIce ?

10x

I am not sure how similar it is to softice, but I cant say enough about IDA pro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDA_Pro

Its worth the money, as there are scripting tools and a large and well
informed community that use the tool. Also, you can link up with a
friend and each work on the same app, with your progress updating each
others .ida file remotely in real time

HTH

-JP