Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Exploiting in Unicode and XP SP2

From: H D Moore <sflist () digitaloffense net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:53:48 -0500

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 10:30, Ivan Stroks wrote:
The problem I am facing is that the buffer that I can
overflow, is converted to Unicode before the overrun,
therefore I can only write an address for the SEH
handler in the format 00XX00XX, where XX is controlled
by me.
[snip]
    . Which is the best tool to search for this
addresses? OllyUni? msfpescan? other?
    Apparently, using this tools I cannot look for,
for example a call [ebp+30]...I am missing something?

Try using memdump.exe (in framework-2.6/tools/) to dump all process
memory, then run msfpescan with the -d option pointing to the memdump
output directory, and -x to specify the call [ebp+0x30] opcode:

$ msfpescan -d [dir] -x "\xff\x55\x30"

Good luck!

-HD