Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Scanner

From: Vicky Rode <vicky.rode () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:36:50 -0800

We've already looked at netcarft and it has been partially helpful.

What I'm looking at doing (besides data that I receive via peering) is searching via keywords through sync'd dns zonefiles and parse the output to a filter database something similar to update file if you will.

This is being done as a home-grown solution.

regards,
//vicky//

J. Oquendo wrote:
Actually Vicky, you're quite wrong. I'm sure this will be what you
speficied more or less. Netcratft's search DNS
http://searchdns.netcraft.com/?host

However, I think it only finds sites that have either been checked on
Netcraft, or perhaps sites that have been queried or something. Not sure
of the parameters behind how they obtain the information.