Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: [off topic] Book, articles and link recommendations

From: Dave McKinney <dm () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:30:47 -0700

I didn't approve the individual responses to this message since the
person requested they be sent off list and this is kind of noisy
with duplicates and what not.  However, I have compiled a list of
various resources that people responded with for everybody's
benefit.  Definitely not exhaustive but a good starting place.

Books:

(Howard and LeBlanc) Writing Secure Code 2nd Edition
(Graff & van Wyk) Secure Coding: Principles & Practices
(David Litchfield) Guide to Buffer Overflow Attacks
(Jason Deckard) Buffer Overflow Attacks
(Multiple Authors) The Shellcoder's Handbook
(Greg && Gary) Exploiting Software
(Kris && Natalia && Julie) Hacker Disassembling Uncovered
(Erickson) Hacking: The Art of Exploitation
(John && Gary)Building Secure Software
(Pavol Cerven) Crackproof Your Software
(Multiple authors) Stealing the Network

Other resources:

Integer overflow article by David LeBlanc:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncode/html/secure01142004.asp

(Under programming look at subsections -> Assembly || Secure
Coding)
http://www.secguru.com/index.php/content/section/18/52/

http://community.core-sdi.com/~juliano/

 On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 02:29:59PM -0300, Sergio wrote: > Hi everyone,

We would like recommendations of books, links and
articles related secure programming, that describes
buffer/integer overflow, race conditions and other
stuff regarding programming errors that can cause an
vulnerability.

Please, send me direct to me the suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

Yahoo! Acesso Gr?tis - Internet r?pida e gr?tis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

--
Dave McKinney
Symantec

keyID: BF919DD7
key fingerprint = 494D 6B7D 4611 7A7A 5DBB  3B29 4D89 3A70 BF91 9DD7