Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Online Games Consoles and Security Implications

From: Greg Blake <gvblake () houston rr com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:39:47 -0600

Quick question, we just allowed our son to start online gaming with his X-Box. My wife is using a XP laptop through our home hardwire VPN and noticed a problem on her system in that Outlook has something running in background and won't allow for any type of shutdown. My 98win old AMD system on the same VPN is not experiencing any problems.

What has been found out about allowing these systems to connect directly to home networks? Are we vunerable?

Thanks,
Greg