Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

TOORCON 2004: Call For Papers

From: cfp () toorcon org
Date: 15 Jun 2004 19:03:38 -0000

TOORCON 2004 CALL FOR PAPERS - issued June 14th 2004

Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 2004 to be held
at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, CA on September 24th-26th.
Please email your submissions to cfp () toorcon org, submissions will be accepted
until August 15th 2004.

ABOUT TOORCON
ToorCon is just around the corner again this year. In it's 6th running year,
it is still San Diego's exclusive hacker convention, bringing together
Southern California's hacker community year after year to attend the high
quality presentations and participate in the annual festivities. This year
we are still aiming to provide the same highly technical lectures you've come
to know and love, but also set a focus on Anonymity, Privacy, and Forensics
to match the theme of "20 years after big brother". We will also be offering
an intensive full-day Cryptography focused workshop on Friday the 24th that
we are also accepting submissions for.

SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
ToorCon only accepts talks on new technologies and methodologies that have
been recently developed. We will not accept papers that have already been
presented prior to 2004, unless they present fundamental concepts or conform
to any of the outlined topics below.

Special consideration will be given to papers addressing the following topics:

 * Cryptography & Privacy
 * Anonymity Concepts
 * Forensics & Tracking
 * Advanced Attack Methods (Exploits, Reverse Engineering, etc)
 * Hardware & Protocol Attacks

All talks should be 60 minutes in length including time for delegate
participation and questions at the end of the presentation.  Inclusion of
any talk related tools, white papers or source code will help during the
selection process. While we try to facilitate speakers' requests for
equipment, we may not be able to accommodate all requests. In cases where
we cannot guarantee special equipment the speaker is expected to supply
hardware and/or software. Each speaker is also expected to bring their
own laptop to display their presentation.

All talks must be vendor neutral, while speakers are welcome to present
on behalf of a company - sales pitches will be thrown out.

REMUNERATION
For each chosen presentation ToorCon will give the speaker and 1 guest
free admission to the conference.

SPEAKER REQUIREMENTS
Please include the following information with your submission:

1. What title you are submitting your paper under.
2. A valid e-mail address AND telephone number where you can be reached.
3. Number of people that will be presenting.
4. A brief biography on why you are qualified to speak on your topic. This
   will be used on www.toorcon.org as well as in any press material for
   the conference.
5. If you are speaking under a company name, please specify for which
   company you work.
6. Would you like to be considered for speaking at the Cryptography
   workshop?

Note that by presenting at ToorCon 2004 you grant ToorCon permission
to reproduce, distribute and/or advertise your talk as seen fit.

FURTHER INFORMATION
Please visit http://www.toorcon.org for further conference information.

LOCATION INFORMATION
This year's event will be held in the same location as last year. The
reception and conference will take place on September 24th-26th in the
Manchester Ballroom of the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego.

Manchester Grand Hyatt
One Market Place
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: +1 619 232 1234
http://manchestergrand.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

IMPORTANT DATES
June 14th, 2004: Official Call For Papers issued.
August 15th, 2004: Call for Papers closes.
August 29th, 2004: Final submission of complete material for CDs and printing
September 24-26th, 2004: ToorCon 2004