Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: help:// protocol in Windows XP Prof

From: Tyler Durden <fadingreality414 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

Very clever. Heres what I would do:

Combine that lovely help protocol with some cross site
scripting....say...some part of some security site
(believe me, i've found way more then one XSS vulns in
security sites). Then, hex encode the end part of the
URL. Make the window that pops up 1x1 pixels in size.
Enjoi.

--Oedipus

--- "Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE Commercial Finance,
NonGE)" <juan.calderon () ge com> wrote:
<.a href="javascript:loadWin()"
title="help://www.product.com/help"

onmouseover="window.status='help://www.product.com/help';return
true" onmouseout="window.status='';return true">

just my two cents