Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: vBulletin Security Vulnerability - POC

From: Freddie Bingham <freddie () vbulletin com>
Date: 26 Jan 2004 20:52:32 -0000

This exploit existed in vBulletin v3 Beta 2 - Beta 7.  We patched this exploit for the vBulletin v3 gamma release and
recommend all users affected versions upgrade to the latest vBulletin v3 release, which is RC3 at the time of this
posting.  Users are made aware that they are choosing to use software labelled as beta and hence the chance of unknown
exploits is greater than when using release quality software.  We do take security serious and respond to them in the
same swift manner, be it in a beta or release version.  We were not aware of this problem until we were at Beta 7 and
have no explanation as to why we missed the submitters original contact during the Beta 2 time period.