Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: trusted solaris pen testing

From: xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:23:31 +0000

Why not just craft your own packets from spoofed IP's if you know the
range of trusted IP's?

xyberpix

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 05:50 -0800, Elihu Smails wrote:
I am working on a pen test for a trusted solaris
machine, and wondered if anyone knows of a tools that
will allow me to connect to the trusted solaris box
from an untrusted host.  Basically, I am looking for a
tool that will spoof packets and trick the trusted
solaris box into thinking that my pen test machine is
a trusted machine, when in fact it isn't.

Thanks....