Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem with format string exploit dev in FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT

From: "Arpa Net" <arpa () linuxmail org>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:26:48 +0000

So I get Bus error (core dumped) result. But in my opinion I should get shell.
Somehow exploit is not working and I don't know the reason.
I tried many times and no result.
It seems like format string exploit in FreeBSD is different than Linux.

This exploit code use bash, in bsd root may use csh, try to change the exploit or port a bash.
regards

Sha0

OPST (OpenSource Profesional Security Tester)
osstmm powah.