Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Re: Outlook Mailto URL:vulnerabilty

From: "clancy carlson" <clancy_carlson () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:23:15 -0400

Seamus,
thanks, I have heard that people had it working for outlook express, however if you look at the advisories such as
http://computercops.biz/article-4928-nested-0-0.html

they specifically state that outlook 2002 is vulnerable. Is it just easier to get it to work via outlook express, and only a theoreticaly hole in outlook?

Clancy,

I unerstand your problem, I've been working on building a proof of concept for our pen test scripts, but havn't had any luck with it yet. I talked to the developer of the original proof of concept, he's only gotton it working on windows 98 with outlook express. I'll keep you updated if I find anything.

Seamus