Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Outlook Crashing, and not asking for password

From: "Elkhatib, Ahmad" <khatib () engin umich edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:51:13 -0500

Hello List,

I was using MS Outlook 2002 to check my email on an exchange server, and
when I tried to paste a long text message it crashed. Now that's not
surprising since Outlook is weird like that. The surprising part is that
when I got the dialog asking whether I want to report the error or not,
and restart Outlook; I chose to report, and then restart. At this point
it never asked me for my password again and just restarted Outlook and
logged back into my inbox. Is this expected behavior ? the fact that it
logged back into my inbox without asking for a password after it crashed
really worries me.

any ideas ? comments ?

-Ahmad