Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: xscreensaver exploit for Redhat 7.3

From: "Adam Gilmore" <vuln () optusnet com au>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:47:24 +1000

I don't think there are any vulnerabilities for the default installation
of RH7.3 (as far as suid root apps go). I tested this vulnerability on
xterm as well, but it seems xterm on RH7.3 drops root privileges before
it overflows. And besides, xterm isn't setuid root on RH7.3 by default.
So this isn't a *major* security risk for rh.