Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Research on Source Code Review -C

From: "Ingevaldson, Dan (ISS Atlanta)" <dsi () iss net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:27:37 -0400

I recommend reviewing the ISS X-Force presentation titled, "Advanced
Software Vulnerability Assessment", presented at last year's Black Hat
Briefings in Las Vegas.  The presentation outlines some of the
techniques that the X-Force team uses to uncover vulnerabilities in
source code.  In the presentation, we covered the fact that the
automated tools used to uncover flaws aren't good for finding anything
besides the most trivial vulnerabilities.

Presentation details and PowerPoint:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-02/bh-usa-02-speakers.html#Dowd

Presentation video:
rtsp://media-1.datamerica.com/blackhat/bh-usa-02/video/BH-USA-02-DOWD-HE
RATH-MEHTA-FLAKE.rm

Regards,
Dan Ingevaldson
Engineering Manager, X-Force R&D