Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: win32 shellcoding

From: "Olivier DEMBOUR" <olivier.dembour () axipe com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:41:30 +0200

Hey people.

I've written exploits and shellcodes for *nix systems,
but
cannot find any good articles about win32 shellcoding,
anyone willing to give me some help? An example maybe.
I am really focusing on the shellcode, not the exploit.

        LSD [1] is a great tutorial. Here is an example of a generic
shellcode using the PEB structure :

http://entreelibre.com/modu/shell_win.c

        Unlike the connect-back shellcode it will not spawn a shell, but you
can execute any command inside the initial connection. It's not really a
tutorial, but the ASM detail is available on
http://entreelibre.com/modu/detail_shellcode.txt.

Hope It'll help.

[1] : Win32 Assembly Components
http://www.lsd-pl.net/documents/winasm-1.0.1.pdf