Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Starting on Assembly under win32

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:17:59 -0700

Hyperion wrote:
 I am basicly just looking for some info on any tutorials there may be out
there, that would help me get started from a basic level, with assembly
language coding under my WinXp system.

I have downloaded masm32 and also Negatory Assembly Studio 1.0, which I will
use to learn to code in assembly.

I like masm32 a lot.  You need a copy of the original MASM to use it, though.

I would suggest that you try some WIndows disassebly to get a feel for how it works, and a good Intel x86 book for reference.

                                        BB