Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: GetPC code (was: Shellcode from ASCII)

From: "Roland Postle" <mail () blazde co uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:28:40 +0100

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:40:30 +0100, Roland Postle wrote:

B9 D0FEFD7F    MOV ECX,7FFDFED0
8B01           MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX]
C701 5B53C341  MOV DWORD PTR DS:[ECX],41C3535B
E8 D8DFBD7F    CALL 7FFDFED0
8901           MOV DWORD PTR DS:[ECX],EAX

Oops, as Gera just pointed out to me I used a relative call in my
haste. I intended to use the absolute call (opcode 9A), only Olly
didn't compile it how I wanted. However the problem with that is that
you need to specify the segment, and on windows at least, the only
usuable one contains a null (0x001B). Perhaps there are systems where
it'll work, but for NT I'll have to keep thinking :)

- Blazde