Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: exploit code targeting OpenSSL and Mod_SSL ?

From: "Simayi" <simayi.tw () yahoo com tw>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:24:17 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Stewart" <jstewart () lurhq com>
To: "John" <johnccosta () yahoo ca>; <vuln-dev () securityfocus com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: exploit code targeting OpenSSL and Mod_SSL ?

There's a lot of that going on right now. I wrote an analysis of one
particular OpenSSL exploit kit that is circulating:

http://www.lurhq.com/atd.html

From what I've seen, almost all of the kiddie activity on port 443 lately
based on openssl-too-open.c by Solar Eclipse.

I find a similar exploit code, OpenFuck.c .
It seems to be able to exploit Linux and FreeBSD.
I have a problem.
The memory management mechanism of  FreeBSD is different from Linux.
Why can it exploit FreeBSD ?