Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Help with a Clariion 4500 (aka dell fc450) raid array

From: bad bob <sfmc68 () bellatlantic net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:45:40 -0400

Attempting to recover from a helpful person who seems to have caused the clariion to be some kind of lump of metal - none of the drives are visible - running the management tool for the box does not seem to
provide the command capability to help it recover.
My thoughts were that the serial console port may be a path to find out what is going on in the box. So far, I have been able to occaisionally see the system status as it boots but I have not been able
to get the box to respond on the console side.

Now, why am I asking here? This is a slightly different box than the usual EMC. What I am interested in, is whether or not one can get to the data, via cache or other means, on one of these boxes. how you could cause a denial of service (seem to have accomplished that), and how you can recover from a DoS if it does happen. As more and more folks stand up EMC boxes to store data, what do we know about them>
thanks
bad bob