Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

[Division 7 Security Systems]-Multiple Vulnerabilities Found in Redhat 8.0 and FreeBSD 4.7-Stable

From: <phrail () division7 us>
Date: 16 Nov 2002 19:41:56 -0000

Hi,
I figured I would submit some of my findings to you all for posting on
bugtraq.
The following programs have boundary checking issues, in command line
argument overflows for each operating system specified.
No known patches have been known at this point in time.

Redhat 8.0

Packages:
ifenslave
grpck
pwck

FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE

amd
diskpart
fsinfo
hlfsd
ntp-genkeys
ntpdate
ntptimeset
ntptrace
raycontrol
zic

I have posted more information on our website, about the bugs, if you all
would like to look at the issues.

http://www.division7.us/bugtraq.php

I'm not sure how critical these are, since none are suid by defualt, but a
few of them, I wouldnt put past anyone to write up some evil code
for...*grins*
Thanks.
pHrail
phrail () division7 us