Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Simple question about ActiveX and IE

From: "Menashe Eliezer" <menashe () finjan com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 04:01:48 +0200

You are right.  There's NO browser sandbox for ActiveX controls.
We know the Porn Dialers problem.  Our proactive applications blocked them
based on our own sandbox implementation.
Only unsigned ActiveX controls can be limited.
End users can only approve ActiveX controls signed by a specific
signer, if the browser's security setting isn't low.
Letting end users make security decisions isn't a good idea.
You can ask your boss to try the following demo:
www.finjan.com/mcrc/activex.cfm

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Menashe Eliezer