Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Rather large MSIE-hole

From: Syzop <syz () dds nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:39:20 +0100

Hi,

Maarten Oosterink wrote:

I can image commands like
'net send * w00t w00t' being funny, but 'format c: /autotest' isn't.

<offtopic>
I know this is unrelated but... This is the Xth time I see this here (and at bugtraq):
you can't just run a "format c:" if your C drive is in use (in windoze) because your
drive is locked, yes I tried this at my own computer both with w98 and w2k.
Ofcouse this doesn't mean other dangerous commands work like RD /Q /S c:\
 in NT/W2K (rm -rf / in windoze-style).
</offtopic>

I wasn't able to pass commands and also UNC paths (\\\\IP\\SHARE\\FILE) don't
work because you then get a "your current security settings dont allow this blabla".

    Syzop.