Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Another flaw in Apache?

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () coredump cx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:27:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Alexander Yurchenko wrote:

Nice bug and easy to exploit. I've attached a piece of code which
creates an .htaccess file. Requesting a directory containing this file
causes all httpd daemons to die. Works on my OpenBSD 3.1-current.

Check out what you get - file descriptors and other goodies - and perhaps
it is a good time to cc: bugtraq or at least Apache guys?;-)

Have fun,
--
Michal Zalewski [lcamtuf () bos bindview com] [security]
[http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx] <=-=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};: