Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: DNS zone transfer

From: Vlad <progman () netvision net il>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 10:01:42 +0200

First of all thanks for the answer, but I must say that I've already
tried all that.

Using nslookup returns the following:
=====================================
ls -d domain.com
[[ns.domain.com]]
*** Can't list domain domain.com: Query refused

domain.com
domain.com        nameserver = ns.domain.com
....            ....
domain.com
        primary name server = ns1.domain.com
        responsible mail addr = p
        serial  = 1234567890
        refresh = 3600 (1 hour)
        retry   = 600 (10 mins)
        expire  = 86400 (1 day)
        default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)
ns.domain.com    internet address = x.x.x.x
The request to enumerate all domain records (first ex.) returns "Query
refused".
A resolve request (second ex.) return what seems like all nameserver
records for that domain (type = ALL in nslookup).

That's nice but not as important as the other records the server
contains , they are the ones I'm after.

Suggestions?

  - Vlad.