Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement

From: Vicne <vdh () nebula7 ath cx>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 05:57:00 -0400

Yea, but then it would be a lesser offence no?  I'm not to familiar with
the DMCA, or law for that matter, but wouldn't a simple name trademark
violation be less then a DMCA violation?

I don't think it would be to hard to catch people, it just takes a p2p
client and a simple search for their titles, then just write down the ip
addresses and report them.

But I am curious now, would they be able to build a case without
validating that the content is actually theirs, not just the name?