Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Proftpd SIGSEGV

From: "Ryan Yagatich" <ryany () pantek com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:24:11 -0500

: ????????????? To make shure that you complicate things?
: Why are you using Outlook Express, but not pine then : )
:

I try to make sure the vulnerability is actually in the daemon
(in this case, proftpd) and not the client.

By issuing: LIST /////////////////////////////////// from within the
telnet session, and the netcat session I can test to see
if the error is occurring in the way the server globs the
request.

And secondly, i use outlook, not outlook express because
i feel like it.

--r