Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ddd smashed

From: l0rtamus Prime <simon () micron snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:42:51 -0500 (EST)

Indeed,
        I never said this was a serious problem, yet it is still a
problem.  If I am able to smash a stack in somthing then I feel that it is
worth telling others about.  I can't think of any instance where this
would be useful (yet) but who am I to say that no one else can? I would
rather post something and have others confirm that it is useless, than not
post something because I assume that it is useless.

-l0rt-

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of
my employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.  Any resemblance between the above and my own views is
non-deterministic.  The question of the existence of views in the
absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader.
The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for
the second god coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal,
non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope of this article.)