Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re[2]: OS X Shell Code

From: "Meder Kydyraliev" <mederchik () mail ru>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:05:57 +0300

you might want to take a look at some stuff here:
http://lsd-pl.net/papers.html

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:38:54PM -0500, fintler said:
Here's a sample of ppc shellcode (should work fine on mac os x) on ppc you
have to worry about the link register having the return address, along with
the copy on the stack, so it's not like you can just overwrite it like in
x86. Makes it harder to overflow those off by ones I guess...this was
written by someone named "Chris Shepard" I think:

Which leads to my next question, I am messing around with an app in OS X
that has an overflow condition, and this is my first time working with
non x86 based debugging, etc and I am a bit lost (where's the eip? ;).
Any good links/references for PPC specific ASM and/or overflow
techniques or tutorials?

char shellcode[] =

Thanks, this is very helpful...
--
Josha Bronson
dmuz () angrypacket com

UNIX is like a wighwam - No Gates, No Windows and Apache inside