Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: pine overflow

From: "Wodahs Latigid" <wodahs () mail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:49:13 +0000

I've just tested the FreeBSD box again, and
if you feed pine 100 extra "A"'s (20529), it
seems to hang, but I haven't got time at the
moment to look any deeper to see why its doing
so.

Wodahs

-------------------------------------
htp://www.ministryofpeace.co.uk/

-- snip - snip --
= Pine Overflow Tested in RedHat 7.0 and others =
Here are some tests I've made in << PINE 4.21 >>.
-- snip - snip --
Pine 4.44 (the latest version) doesn't seg
fault on a FreeBSD 4.2 box, however on a Redhat
box it does.

The FreeBSD box just goes into pine, but gives
you the following:
"[Error "File name too long", couldn't attach file "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA]"

Wodahs

htp://www.ministryofpeace.co.uk/

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup