Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

I am the Originator of the Graduate Student Survey

From: Edward Jones <eljones () spawar navy mil>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 17:27:19 -0000

Ok Ian
        No I am not on a Social Engineer mission
here I have been answering these types of email all
morning, but to address your specific concerns:
1) No this isn't a Social Engineering mission
2) Actually the list of names came from my "Junk
Email" list from when I was subscribed to multiple
SecurityFocus groups.
3) The Survey was initially meant to be for CSI
Members but because of time constraints I sent it out
to people whom because of there membership to
securityfocus would have the necessary knowledge
base needed to make the research believable.
4) I have a different reply address because my
research is not reflective of my agency and is purely
student research.
5) Truthfully you could just put down misleading or
inaccurate information about your organization and I
would never know.
6) Finally if you haven't got it yet this is a legitimate
survey.

E.L. Jones
Network Security Engineer