Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: "download" caps

From: "Dom De Vitto" <dom () DeVitto com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:06:06 -0000

This ADSL connection I'm using here is discounted for low daytime use
(when I'm sat at the end of 2Gb/s link :-) ), but it's a very soft
limit with the ISP issuing warnings for over use before finally urging
you to upgrade or cease the service.  It's basically means you can't
use Kazaa/Gnutella/ED2K during the day.  I think ISPs will move towards
QoS in the core network for those protocols, simply because
prioritising telnet/ssh/HTTP/SMTP over them will make them "seem" a
faster network, interactively.

Dom
Dom De Vitto                                       Tel. 07855 805 271
http://www.devitto.com                         mailto:dom () devitto com