Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: MacOS X Oddity

From: "Nico Wieland" <wieland () eyekon ch>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:58:10 +0100

I'm not sitting in front of my Mac right now, but I believe there is a
little icon on the lower left that looks like an open padlock.  If you
click this to the locked position, no more user changes will be allowed,
until you click it again to unlock (which will prompt for a password).

yes. but i agree, *imho* it should default to have all its pref stuff
locked, but fact is, that would piss off too many users :) use
passwd-protected screensavers ...

and btw, if you're logged in as a non-admin user, the "accounts" prefpane
*is* locked.

-nico