Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: In regards to the insecurity of AOL Instant Messenger

From: Bojan Zdrnja <bzdrnja () dianne zesoi fer hr>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:35:57 +0200

At 14:39 6.8.2002 -0500, Alex Lambert wrote:
Additionally, some IRC servers allow SSL connections -- the ones I've seen
use port 994 (ircs).

Concerning IRC servers that allow SSL connections, I think LinkNet is the best example. It uses SSL client-to-server encryption and AES server-to-server encryption so all data travelling the Internet is practically safe from snoopers (of course, server still has to decrypt it for himself).

You can find more information on http://www.link-net.org.

Best regards,

Bojan Zdrnja