Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Hack Proofing Your Network Second Edition

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:04:39 -0600 (MDT)

This book has been discussed on this list a number of times, so I thought
I'd drop a quick note to let everyone know that the second edition has
been released.  We've added a bunch of new stuff, including a format
string chapter by Dave Ahmad (Bugtraq moderator) and a hardware hacking
chapter by Kingpin, among other things.  For those who haven't heard of
the book, it focuses on penetration techniques, vulnerability research,
and items generally applicable to the vuln-dev list.

Table Of Contents:
http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog/194_Hck_net2e/toc.htm
Sample Chapter:
http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog/194_Hck_net2e/sample.htm

As always, I'd love to hear from anyone who has read the book.  I
implemented most of the reader suggestions from the first edition into
this one.  As a side note, I'll be at the Infotec conference in Omaha
later this month.  If you're going to be there, please track me down and
say hi.

Obligatory Amazon Link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1928994709/securityfocus.com/

                                        Ryan