Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Security Research Group

From: Jose Nazario <jose () monkey org>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:06:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Leandro Quibem Magnabosco wrote:

I'm starting a security group at Unisul (An University in Brazil) and
I need some directives of WHERE TO START the research.

*sigh* wish i could travel. always wanted to hang in brazil for a while.
some days i think it would be fun to go back to academia. :) anyhow, some
suggestions:

        USENIX conference papers
        IEEE publications
        ACM publications
        tech reports from Univ Michigan (ie www.citi.umich.edu),
          Cal Berkeley, Stanford, Dartmouth, etc ...

that should give you a start on a variety of backgrounds (formal, applied,
theory, network, application auditing, crypto, etc). sorry my list is so
US centric.

all the best, and good luck,

jose nazario, ph.d.                     jose () monkey org
                                        http://www.monkey.org/~jose/