Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: buffer overflow with greek characters, NIX

From: Sebastian Jaenicke <tsa () jaenicke org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:57:23 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 10:27:30PM +0300, MegaHz wrote:
check this guy out,

From: "Simon Dickson" <simon () phpnode org>
[..]
I dont know about IE, but I checked your test page in Konqueror 3.0 and it
killed everything.

By everything I mean X crashed. I'll just explain what I run.
[..]
It crashed back a console shell.

Simon

test page: http://megahz.cyhackportal.com/hey.html

pls test it out on your own *nix boxes and let me know

No crash with galeon 1.2.0, built from source on ROCK Linux.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Jaenicke
whois pgpkey-18AC0BE4 () whois ripe net|perl -ne's-^certif: +--&&print'