Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Telnetd exploit for solaris

From: Alex Pearsall <rebelpacket () jessica asleep net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:45:30 -0500

On 2001.09.05 19:15 fintler wrote:

Actually, I know its not nesscarily kosher, but I would like to know if
there is a exploit.  Here at work, we have a couple sun boxes, and from
what i've seen, it doesnt look like there is one.  Bvut I'd like to know,
either way.

I'm not a script kiddie, or a cracker.  I'm just a UNIX admin that wants to
test how severe the problem is.
Thank you for any help!

--
--------------------------------
Alex Pearsall   ESPN UNIX Admin

--- Labkonto <ppht-15 () mdstud chalmers se> wrote:
Anyone here that developed an exploit
for the Telnetd buffer overflow on solaris,
or know where to get one?

// pp

Now why would you possible want something like that...if you were an
admin, you'd just patch your
box and forget it. I can only assume you're trying to get into someone
elses box, what makes you
think I'm going to give you a script so you can get someone fired from
their job because you felt
like being an 3r3ct skr1pt k1ddi3.

-fintler <fintler () halfbug com>