Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

extracting shellcode from a execve binary.

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:32:15 -0400

Attached is the asm code for execve of /bin/sh in PowerPC linux
The code compiles and executes fine, however I am having trouble
extracting the shellcode from the binary... does anyone have any tips
for getting the shellcode in \x41\x41\x41\x41 format.

I have tried doing x/bx main however I don't really know where to begin,
I have seen people start at x/bx main+4 and I have seen people
start at just x/bx main...which is correct? The next question is where
to stop?
-KF