Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Hidden Folders

From: Kevin Gagel <Gagel () cnc bc ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:09:44 -0700

From a command prompt a simple
dir /a:h /s *. > filename.txt
Would reveal each hidden folder on your c: drive.
dir - show everything in the current directory.
/a  - show everything in the current directory regardless of attributes
/a:h - show only items with the hidden attribute set
/s show from here on down the directory structure
*. show all files that do not have an extension ie: directories
used to redirect output to a filename.

Ferry van Steen wrote:

On the command prompt (DOS)
attrib /s >> files.log