Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

device rebooting (was: Re: codegreen, the problem.

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:22:00 -0400

I  have seen systems that I would not want to be rebooted unless
competent folks were sitting around peering at it with their fingers
crossed...

Of course,  that was  a Unix box that had had a lot of configuration
changes done to it without total system reboot, had been up for a long
time, was a public system, and there was  doubt that the thing would
come back at all...

Are you so confident that a system can reinitialize without supervision
100% of the time?  Sounds like a pretty reliable box!