Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible syslogd DoS ?

From: Thiago Conde Figueiro <thiago () ciphertech com br>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:47:10 -0300

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:10:54 +0200 (MET DST), Pavel Kankovsky <peak () argo troja mff cuni cz> wrote:

PK> Old news. This has been known for a long time. Some (partial) solutions
PK> proposed so far are:
PK>
PK> 1. limit access to the socket to selected subjects (e.g.
(...)

        http://www.w00w00.org/files/SRS/

        This utility is a syslogd replacement.  It's no longer being developed, but the author claims that, in the
current state, it provides authentication and secure (encrypted) multiple remote logging.  I checked out the code, it's
kinda well documented, one shouldn't have trouble figuring it out.

        If by chance any of you give it a try or know a similar open source application, I'd be very interested in
hearing comments.

regards,

--
Thiago Conde Figueiró
Desenvolvedor de sistemas

_____
"Segurança em TI - uma especialidade Cipher Technology"