Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PGP sign highlight on mutt

From: Andreas Hasenack <andreas () conectiva com br>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:32:44 -0200

Em Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 05:54:46PM -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa escreveu:
I don't know about you (or your mutt config), but mine shows a little "s"
on the status line on the bottom of the message, which I always check to
see if the message is really signed. Also, I get an 's' on the index.

That might not be enough for many users. Compare a little "s" with 4 or 5
lines of text saying that the email is signed. It's like a big OK stamp.

It's rather disturbing that there is no way of telling what is in the body of
the message and what was generated by, say, gpg. Only a little "s" (and
perhaps the status line saying that the signature checked out ok or not,
but for some reason mine always says it didn't worked).